* Tactical Medics (TEMS) qualify if they are OPOTC certified
0800 – 0830 Hrs. Welcome and Overview
0830 – 1100 Hrs. Active Threat Response PowerPoint
1100 – 1200 Hrs. Safety Check/Weapons Flow (Readies and Carries)
1200 – 1300 Hrs. Lunch
1300 – 1500 Hrs. Single Officer (Rescue Speed)
1500 – 1630 Hrs. Officer Subject Encounters
1630 – 1700 Hrs. Debrief Take Away – Critique
0800 – 0830 Hrs. Safety Brief/Safety Checks/Weapons Flow (Readies and Carries)
0830 – 1200 Hrs. Two Officer Tactics (Rescue Speed)
1200 – 1300 Hrs. Lunch
1300 – 1500 Hrs. Three and Four Officer Response (Rescue Speed)
1500 – 1630 Hrs. Open Space Events, All Directions Drill
1630 – 1700 Hrs. Debrief / Take Away – Critique
• Understand current trends in active threat incidents.
• Understand the concept of “active dying” and why Rapid Deployment and Immediate Action are needed to save lives.
• Understand Constitutional Use of Deadly Force requirements and appropriate de-escalation outcomes.
• Understand the contemporary principles when responding to active threats.
• How priority of life during active threat response plays a vital role in the outcomes.
• Understand constitutional use of deadly force requirements and appropriate de-escalation outcomes.
• Understand Linking Up with uniformed, plain-clothes officers to avoid “blue on blue” engagements.
• Understand how to work with uniformed security professionals and civilian CCW/open-carry citizens during active threat incidents.
• Demonstrate safe and efficient dry practice gun handling skills.
• Understand mission-driven tactics for active threat response.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the OTOA mission-driven tactics.
This training is approved by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy (OPOTA) for 16 credit hours of 2023 Continued Professional Training (CPT)
The course was developed for the tactical team members to accomplish their primary mission of Saving Lives. It is one of the only training programs that combines classroom evidence-based principles with practical skill-based tactics.
The class culminates with safe, reality-based scenarios that include de-escalation tactics.
Additional topics will include
Students will demonstrate proficiency through reality-based scenarios.