Are you tired of sending officers to training and paying for travel and lodging?
We can eliminate both costs by sending instructor(s) to you rather than sending students to us. This allows your agency to put more people through the training potentially.
Host Agency Commitments
"Hosting" OTOA training requires some leg work from the host agency.
- LEADS teletypes - The host law enforcement agency will send a minimum of one (1) LEADS teletype to the region where the training is conducted (LEADS rules & restrictions apply)
- Assist the OTOA training division with direct coordination of training venues for EACH training day: classroom, appropriate training venues suitable for training, live-fire ranges, etc.
- Live Fire range classes - Host agencies are responsible for providing an appropriate live fire range, target backers, sticks, target stands, staplers, staples, and paper targets.
"Comp" or "Free" seat criteria:
- "Hosting," an OTOA training course, does not guarantee that your agency will be provided free training.
- Comp or no charge seats in any OTOA training are determined case-by-case.
- The OTOA does NOT guarantee free or no-charge seats for ANY training event.
- All comp or free spots are pre-approved by the director of training.
Possibly, the most critical part of the planning process for any training course is securing a location conducive to the event's requirements.
Depending on the class, the host agency may be responsible for procuring the following:
- Live-fire Range
Hosting a training course starts when the agreement is initiated with OTOA HQ.
Pre-Event - Once confirmed, coordinate the training event with the OTOA Training Director to locate and secure classrooms, ranges, and other venues as needed. The host agency is also responsible for marketing and LEADs announcements (LEADs announcements must be sent to the OTOA Training Operations Chief).
Event - Assist with logistics and attendee needs, possible after-class time/hours issues - venue changes, weather issues, etc.
Benefits of Hosting an OTOA Training Course
The primary benefit of hosting is convenience. Training in a venue close to home saves money and time.
If you are considering hosting an OTOA training event to obtain training at a reduced rate or no charge, don't hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The OTOA is committed to providing training within budget constraints and reason.
Hosting the Tactical Team Respons to Active Threats Course
School buildings are the most suitable venues for this training. Large office buildings or commercial buildings are also acceptable.
- Buildings need to be VOID of occupants when training is taking place unless OTOA approves.
- Buildings must be conducive for the use of training munitions. (Airsoft, Simunition, UTM, etc.)
The OTOA training cadre is committed to facilitating a safe environment and leaving all training buildings without damage.
Host agencies must coordinate the communication with the property owners and adjacent neighborhoods.
Host agencies are required to post appropriate “Police Training in Progress” signage.
Classroom with the following:
- Tables and chairs for twenty-four (24) adults.
- Audio/visual capabilities: LCD/PowerPoint projector with screen, speakers capable of sound projection into the classroom, or large screen TV with HDMI port.
- Appropriate temperature regulation for classroom settings.
- Bathrooms, both male and female.
Training venues can be one or multiple locations with the following:
- School, office building, church, or training building.
- Power, lighting, and running water are always preferred.
- Large, open room accommodating twenty-four adults for movement drills and weapons flow. (example – gymnasium).
- Multiple rooms.
- Hallways with multiple doorways.
- Areas outside to coordinate arrival and staging of responders.
- Both male and female bathrooms are in the building or within walking distance.